Your Cumming Electricians – The Socket Doctors
- Inspect Main Electrical Panel Box (Breaker Box)
- Main breaker box is the back bone of the system. Ensuring all circuits are wired properly, all wires are installed tight under screws, and all breakers are listed for that exact panel.
- Inspect Main Electrical Service and Electrical Meter Box w/Grounding System
- Inspecting main service wire and meter box is just as important as the main panel box. The only difference is there is less point of connections to go bad or be installed improperly. The main purpose is to ensure everything is tight and working properly and to ensure the grounding system is up to date and installed properly.
- Inspect all outlets throughout home and check GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) outlets
- Checking GFCI’s to see if the home 1) has them installed and 2) they are functioning properly at the outlet and “down stream”. Also want to check outlets in bedrooms to identify if any connections are loose or outlets are broken or not working.
- Inspect and test all switches to ensure there is not a loose connection or faulty switch.
- Aside from a loose connection on outlets, the most common issue we run into is a switch going bad. Normally you will hear a popping or crackling noise when the switch is either turned on or off. This signifies the switches connection points are going bad and switch needs to be replaced. Also if you can wiggle the switch and get a flicker in the light, shows a switch is faulty.
- Inspect all attic wiring and equipment
- The attic usually has atleast one gas/electric furnace, an outlet and light, and typically an attic roof ventilator fan. Making sure the furnace is wired properly with a disconnect switch to ensure if anyone needs to work on it they can shut the power off safely. Also check the attic vent fan to ensure properly functioning with a thermostat and safety shut off switch. Also inspect to ensure no rodents have came to visit and decided to start chewing on you wires.
- Inspect and test all smoke alarms
- This is one of the most important parts of our inspection, making sure all smoke detectors are not only working when tested, but ensuring they all work together. Most homes now have interconnected smoke detectors where if one goes off they all go off. If they are prewired for it and do not function this way, then the detectors need replaced. Manufacturers and NFPA (National Fire and Protection Agency) recommend replacing smoke detectors every 7 years due to dust building up inside units. Carbon Monoxide detectors are strongly recommended and can help save many lives, if they are installed properly in the correct locations as well.
- All appliance wiring
- Major appliances like cook tops, dishwashers, disposals, A/C units outside, Hot Tubs, Electric water heaters, etc. are all hardwired and have specific wiring codes and regulations. We ensure they are wired and installed properly.
Whenever you need Cumming electricians, contact the company you can trust, the Socket Doctors! With years of experience, we have the skills needed to perform quality work. Your safety is of the utmost importance to us which is why we never take shortcuts. Our inspections are thorough, and we never leave a job until we can guarantee your home meets all of the current electrical codes. Contact us today and schedule an appointment!
Socket Doctors – managing all your Cumming electrical service needs.